Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Thundershowers, Tulips, and Surprises!

Holy Canoli, it's raining buckets right now.

I love a spring/summer thunderstorm. I've never been scared of thunder or lightening, even as a little girl. In fact, falling asleep to a thunderstorm for me is very calming. I don't know why, but I love a good thunderstorm (WOW! Thunder so loud it just shook the walls). I think I like spring showers because they bring in the May flowers. (cliche? yes... I know...)

These are two photos I took of the gorgeous tulips outside the capitol two weeks ago. I framed these photos and gave them to my mom for mother's day.







Now I'm curling up on the couch, with a glass of wine, making some naan (and by making, I mean putting the Trader Joe's brand into the oven for 10 minutes... I know, I am so domestic), and watching the Brewers.

Gotta stay up late tonight. I am surprising my friend by picking her up at the airport! My friend has been volunteering in California for about a year and she's coming home for a long weekend. She has no idea that I'm am going to be at the airport to pick her up when her flight comes in after midnight. Wish me luck... hopefully I can stay awake til then :)

4 comments:

Amy Rockwood said...

Hi Dani - thanks for the comment on my blog!! There ARE people out there! Good luck picking your friend up at the airport...she's lucky to have a friend like you!

P.S. We did not succumb to the gold earrings.

Deb said...

Dani,
what a sweet gift for your Mom...I bet your friend will be happy to see you..

Jenny said...

Those photos are so pretty!! I love taking close-up photos of flowers. I took a lot of those here in LA.

Dani said...

Thanks!! I managed a complete surprise for my friend- she was stunned when I was there to pick her up (as she was expecting her parents).

Sadly, the squirrels have eaten most of the tulips now and just the stems are left :(